Why CrmService and not ICrmService?

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Hello,

First and foremost, thanks a lot for sharing this libray. It's a huge help.

Just a quick question: any particular reason the CrmService extension methods do not take a ICrmService interface as a parameter, instead of CrmService?

Might come across as nitpicking, but I'm actually curious to know whether the class exposes methods the interface does not have.

Thank you again!

Best regards,

Rob

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Hi Rob,

Great question. You know, I have asked myself this over and over. However, the Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.CrmService does not implement ICrmService :( So my reason was to extend the Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.CrmService. Though, I am planning to release a version that extends the ICrmService and provide a library for connecting/authenticating to CRM - this would expose a XrmService that derives from ICrmService.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for the feedback :)

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I'm looking forward the ICrmService version :)

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Hello!

From what I can tell from the CrmService type, it's just a webservice proxy class that gets generated by a tool. Not entirely sure why it doesn't implement ICrmService out of the box, but we know Microsoft. :)

Anyway, I just replaced every CrmService occurrence in the solution files with ICrmService. It seems to compile without problems.

Thanks again,

Rob

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2010 at 7:04 PM
Edited Feb 17, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Nice Rob! Glad that worked for you.

Still, I am looking to roll-out a XrmService in future which will tackle a lot of authentication issues for IFD and On-Premise deployments (maybe added support for Passport and Live). So lookout for this. I am constantly updating and testing this release so be sure to checkout every other day. Mainly adding support for different types, i,.e I have noticed some issues with the CrmFloat property, where it's Value will be stored as a float however after saving and retrieving it encapsulates a double - odd behavior but I have added code to account for such outcomes.

If you have any contributions feel free to add them, just let me know and I can give you rights.

Thank you once again for your feedback, greatly appreciated.

Kurt.

Feb 18, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Hello Kurt,

I'd love to contribute but AnkhSvn (VS subversion plug-in I use) acted up a few times, and I surely don't want to mess your code repository!... As soon as I find a reliable solution to my SVN issues, I'll contact you again. There might be room for a few more utilities.

Thank you again for your time,

Rob